Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The One And Only, Tabasco.

Umm, aside from the Mexican state, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Tabasco is Louisiana hot sauce. I would describe this particular hot sauce as moderately spicy, red, of a thin viscosity, and versatile. For instance, while living at home I would often put Tabasco on my eggs, in burritos, on pizza, and best of all, in my clam chowder. Although I used Tabasco fairly often back home, I have not purchased a bottle this semester because I’ve felt like venturing out into new types of spices and brands.

I feel that Tabasco is a very tasteful hot sauce that can be used in a wide variety of dishes, and I would highly recommend it to anyone that has not had the opportunity to experience it. In adding this pepper sauce to a meal one can really spice up a meal that otherwise might be too bland. As I’ve mentioned, I always add Tabasco to my clam chowder, and I really can’t imagine eating chowder without this familiar taste.

Now, let’s personify Tabasco. In my head Tabasco would be a tall, thin, and lanky (similar to the bottle itself) man. Unlike the bottle, my version of Tabasco has slicked back black hair, kind of like a Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy—Tabasco would definitely be suave. Charismatic, yet witty, Tabasco would be into classic music from days long past, such as the jazz of B.B King, Duke Ellington, and Louis Armstrong. Obviously, because the product is so versatile, Tabasco would be comfortable around all types of people and in almost any circumstance. He would be cultured and full of exciting stories from his younger days. Tabasco would be well spoken and sharp as a knife. Overall, Tabasco would be the type of person that I would very much enjoy hanging out with, as would most people that would meet him.

That’s my Tabasco. He sounds like a pretty cool guy, now I just have to find him. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment